- Bachelor or master’s degree in fire safety engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of fire testing laboratories
- Good command of English and Arabic
- Good communication, time management and teamwork skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing the needed methodologies for the different fires testing procedures
- Managing the different fire tests conducted at the laboratory
- Training the personnel to conduct their scope of work during the testing.
- Perform standard fire protection design tasks such as sprinkler design criteria specification, preliminary hydraulic calculations, fire pump selection, and fire alarm system layout
- Review automatic fire sprinkler and fire alarm contractor shop drawings and provide written comments
- Perform field surveys, fire protection system inspections, and acceptance testing
- Review drawings for conformance with model and local codes, as well as NFPA standards
- Research model and local codes, as well as nationally recognized standards to assist in the development of alternate methods of code compliance
- Develop performance-based design analysis using computer fire modeling, egress calculations, and other available resources
- Travel requirements will vary and can (at times) be 25-50%
DO NOT APPLY TO THIS POSITION IF YOUR PROFILE DOES NOT MATCH THE REQUIREMENTS.