Materials Engineer Requirements:
- BSc in Civil Engineering
- 8 years of experience in the field of Materials Testing
- Saudi or Non-Saudi (must have transferable Saudi Iqama)
- Location – Saudi Arabia
- Strong command of English and Arabic
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises and reviews the preparations of material testing method statements.
- Concrete Aggregate: Knowledgeable with all practices required for the evaluation of fresh and hardened concrete and concrete aggregate used in construction.
- Steel: Knowledgeable with the required criteria (Physical, Mechanical and Chemical) used in the testing evaluation and examination for specification-conformance of steel.
- Soil and Rocks: Capable of performing, supervising and evaluating test results and providing guidance for personnel engaged in testing soil and rocks in accordance with ASTM.
- Conduct and review processes and trials for Mix Design of concrete.
- Supervise batch trials and check if it meets the requirement of design mix.
- Check Strength and Durability analyses of concrete.
- Prepares technical reports and material testing submittals.
- Review project Specifications and update them in accordance with recent standards and site conditions.
- Assign tasks for the technicians in each department (soil, aggregates, concrete and durability).
- Raw Material testing (Aggregates, Sand, Chemical admixtures, Fly ash, Micro Silica) according to international codes such as ASTM to check the compliance with project specification and standard.
- Proceed with Trial Mix Design for approved raw material to get the most economical adequate design mix.
- Asphalt and Bitumen – Capable of performing, supervising and evaluating test results and providing guidelines for personnel engaged in testing asphalt and bitumen in accordance with ASTM.
- Identifies and develops new services and features to meet current and future customer needs.
- Researches and documents new technologies which may assist in growth of the company’s testing capabilities.
- Provides technical support to technical issues in all departments, acts as mentor to develop new engineers.
- Supervises routine testing activities with strict adherence to quality parameters and advises clients about various testing requirements as well as maintaining internal quality records of the project.
- Identifies and replicates best practices and services in the company.
- Attends progress meetings, discuss and suggest technical proposals.
- Take part in the project management review and risk management review.
- Provides design and details support to develop project and site works.
- Performs failure analysis jobs and reports technical findings & evidences, conclusions, and recommendation.
- Writes and reviews project technical reports.
- Oversees the direction of samples when required to the approved subcontractors.
- Maintains and keeps updated technical references, relevant codes and standards.
- Recommends measures to improve testing procedures and use of equipment.
- Responsible for the project compliance with technical specifications and the operation compliance with prevailing standards and procedures for testing and interpretation
- Maintains organized and detailed project records.
DO NOT APPLY TO THIS POSITION IF YOUR PROFILE DOES NOT MATCH THE REQUIREMENTS.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org